Wednesday, December 31, 2008
My new year resolution is a continuation of last year's.... (ugh). The good news is I lost 15 pounds in 2008. The bad news is I have a ways to go... this goal will get me to a BMI of 22.Yep, that is a Wii! In addition to the running and the Nike+, I'm using the Wii for balance, coordination, and a little strength training. This thing also keeps track of my weight over time. It keeps me honest... after the balance board weighed me it plumped my "mii" up to the pic you see above. Nice...
Friday, December 26, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Meanwhile, I'm having a sale in my Cloud Nine Candle and Bath store. All orders received over $30 in product while I'm gone will be discounted 15%! So take advantage and stock up.
I can't wait to see the whales again, and I hope to see more dolphins this time too!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Ahhhhhhh!! Can't wait.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
The bummer is my weight is being stubborn and not budging. Grrrrrr... I must be adding muscle! (hmmmmm....)
Friday, September 19, 2008
Here is a description in the promo material:
In GET POSITIVELY BEAUTIFUL, makeup artist Carmindy, from TLC’s hit shot What Not to Wear shows you how to change your mindset from negative fault-finding to a positive beauty philosophy. You learn how to find and focus on your best features and how to combat negative thoughts about your appearance. Carmindy demonstrates easy makeup techniques for the eyes, brows, lips, cheeks, and skin, and how to adapt looks to different weather conditions and “beauty
moods.” Completely unique, GET POSITIVELY BEAUTIFUL mixes self-help and makeup how-to in this total beauty book.
Contest ends Monday - good luck!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
- I don't need no stinkin' iPod to use the cool online features on Nike! This thingy doesn't do music, it only tracks speed, distance, time, and calories. I don't have iPod... I like my Sansa better... not that I listen to music when I run anyway, not when I have 2 crazed Sibes in tow! (or should I say.... yanking me along and not always in the same direction!)
- Plug the thingy into a USB port and all the runs you've completed since your last upload are uploaded automatically! No more remembering... how far did I go last Wednesday???
- Hard to cheat... you can delete runs but cannot alter them after they are uploaded.
- A pause button! (handy when a pup stops to.... you know....)
- I can't set a POWERSONG on my widget thingy... (bummer but not enough to make me run out and buy iPod)
- No backlight... makes it hard to use in the dark. And I am a night owl who likes to run in the dark sometimes.
- The distance and pace isn't perfectly accurate. I'm wondering if this will become a problem for me at some point since I'm rather anal about seeing improvement and there have been a lot of complaints about how it can be tough to properly calibrate this thingy.
- If you forget to turn off the thingy after your run, it really screws up your stats and there's no way to fix it, other than to delete it altogether.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
So if you don't see that widget thingy updating for awhile, please tell me to get off my big lazy butt and take my dogs for a run.
I haven't set any real goals yet other than to get out there and run at least three days a week until it cools off, and then I will crank it up a notch or two. We are going to Maui in late-November and I would like to lose some of this extra flab. Not a long term goal but I have to start somewhere.
Wish me luck!! Randi
Monday, August 18, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Oh, I just checked with the girls... they are pestering me because they want me to get off the dang computer!! Ya, OK.. it's getting late. TTFN!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
This is a close up of Kayla's eyes. She is Maebe's twin sister. Her eyes are parti-colored. Her left eye is blue, and her right eye is parti blue and parti brown!! To learn more about the eye colors of Siberian huskies, go here.