Monday, May 11, 2009

My Favorite Spring Flower


It has been awhile! Setting up my new computer was a royal PITA. It took weeks to find all my disks. Also, I'm evaluating CS4 to see if I want to upgrade and I finally got around to installing it last night on my laptop. I don't know what the heck I'm doing yet but I did figure out how to change this pic from a RAW image to a .jpg.
This is a clamatis - Crystal Fountain. It is my favorite flower that bloomed in my yard this spring. I've had this in the ground for 3 years now. This is the first time it has bloomed full-sized blooms. The first year it managed a single pathetic little bloom. Last summer it was so disease-riddled that I thought I lost the whole plant. I'm finding the hotter it gets, the more the plant suffers. This spring, it came back and I got a grand total of TWO blooms. This is one of them.

No comments: